Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tired, but in a good way...

This weekend, we got to host some beloved friends for some catching up, socializing, and good, old-fashioned hanging out. We also got to see some more friends this am, over brunch, and then we headed out to Brooklyn to see even a few more, and meet a few that we hadn't met before...

One of the sweeter moments of the weekend was when Malka and I came home today, and Malka said, with a sweet, questioning look as she gazed about the now empty apartment: "Na-ah-yee?" And I had to say, "Sorry, sweetheart, Natalie went home. We'll see her again soon, however." And Malka said: "Yeah."

4 comments:

Jen said...

It was great! Natalie slept for a VERY long time on the way home (over 4 hours!!!) but spent a lot of the time after that (and there was lots - we hit ugly traffic) asking for "Ma-ka" and Ima! Can't wait to see you guys again.

Lil Jimmi said...

How come I never know about these things??? :-)

Anonymous said...

I can absolutely hear Malka's voice saying "yeah" in my head... that makes me happy!!!

Cait said...

And Natalie is still talking about you today. Thanks for a great visit!