Monday, January 22, 2007

T minus 4 days and counting...

Narda comes home Friday afternoon. FRIDAY!

WAHOO!

OK, let me repeat that - Narda comes home FRIDAY afternoon. This is Monday night. That means that in four days, well actually three.point.five.days - Narda will be home.

I'm so terribly excited to see my beloved, but truth be told, I'm also terribly thrilled to have someone to say: "it's your turn" to. I LOVE Malka will all of my soul and breath. But oh, dear Lord is it HARD work being a single mom. Even with daycare. I've been blessed in that on weekends, my friends really have come through for me - I only used a babysitter one day out of the past five weeks.

The first 3 and a half weeks were actually not too bad. Somewhere last week, however, I began to feel overwhelmed. Perhaps it was because the work load at work is picking up a bit, or that it's simply been a long time as a participant in the toddler olympics. I have since learned a new method of diaper changing, by the by, (thanks to our accountant at work, who's also a mom of three and SWEARS by this method). You sit on the floor with a LEG ON the baby's belly. It prevents the (to quote Jen)"yoga spiral," which describes Malka's new found moves to a T. I tried it tonight, and despite a few protests, I was actually able to change her diaper in less than 5 minutes.

Hats off to all of you out there that are single moms. Specifically, Care and Joan I truly don't know how you do it day in and day out. I'm in awe.

And now, although there's OH so much more I have to say, it is now 8pm, and I MUST finish my chores (read - clean the house for the cleaning lady who comes tomorrow), BEFORE we learn more about who, and WHY they are on THE LIST.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo - only one more day!