Friday, January 12, 2007

Not where I wanted to be...

Greetings from LaGuardia Airport.

Malka Palka Pooka Palka and I are off to Chicago (hopefully) for this lovely 3 day weekend to see Narda. We are excited to see her, and I'm very much looking forward to a small respite in the midnight wakings... It's SOOOOOO Narda's turn! But of course, I want to support her, too, as she's in tech rehearsals, which are draining.

Nah, who am I kidding?! I get to sleep!

But um, yeah. Our flight was scheduled for 8:30pm, and that damn windy city had to go and have some wind. It's been a ZOO here, and out of the 5 flights scheduled to go to Chicago? 3 were cancelled. Fortunately, ours was not. But it was delayed - to 9:45. And the stand-by list for the other flight? 49 people on it.

So here we are, waiting, and Malka finally fell asleep, so I coughed up the $7.95 and got on-line.

Think good thoughts that our flight will actually leave. And that I get to see my beloved in a few hours.

Now that I have a free hour or so, I'm off to go read your blogs. Thank you all for de-lurking, it's nice to know that there are indeed (courtesy of TA for Tots), warm fuzzies out there...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the weekend!

Anonymous said...

hope you 3 have a WONDERFUL weekend!
xo

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful Weekend!

Have fun in Chicago!

Dharma said...

Hope the weekend went well. Now I off to read the entries after this one to see if did a tell-all.

Jennifer said...

Hmmm. The giant, monolithic St Christopher votive I lit while saying prayers for all travellers in and out of O'Hare/Midway failed? I need new tactics. I need serious tactics. Mr Z was delayed six hours on his way through Chicago three days after you were delayed going in. That place is the worst bottleneck in the history of air travel.

Hi, by the way. I'm not lurking, I'm linking, but my blog is on temporary hold, so that's not very exciting, is it?

Your little munchkin is adorable!