Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Greetings from the road

I'm not sure who said it was easy, but travelling 3,000 miles in a small metal box with a 7 month old child is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM easy. OK internet, you got that, do not believe the lies they tell you! Malka was WIRED and fidgety for the ENTIRE plane ride out to Portland. She FINALLY fell asleep for the last 45 minutes of the flight. There's just WAY too many interesting things and people who will make goo goo faces at Miss Malka Palka Pooka Palka even though we were trying to get her to go to sleep. She was thrilled, however, as she had about 4 bottles in a 6 hour period. Heh. Little bugger.

This am, she has finally shifted to West Coast time, and just in time, as she JUST woke up from her nap, and we are about to go visit Mama Mo and her brood from Bike Ridin Mama. we hung out last winter when we were home, but that was before Malka.

Last day of work was fine. Nothing exciting happened. I'll blog more about that later, but right now, Miss thing needs some breakfast...

5 comments:

Rhi said...

Yay! Welcome to Portland. Can I blame you for bringing the SUPER HOT weather later in the week?

Hope you enjoy your stay here!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you guys!

Becky said...

Lets hope she brings the hot weather with her! My garden loves it. Have a nice visit!

Becky in Beaverton

Calliope said...

hurrah for updates from the road!
I'm sure if I saw the adorable Malka on a plane I would have to fuss about her as well!

Care said...

Hope the trip back goes a bit smoother, and hope you are having a good ole time in Portland.

Jessica said...

I could imagine it would be a hard trip considering it's that far! I hope you are enjoying your trip and the way back goes well.