Friday, January 06, 2006

Pat Robertson is an idiot

I don't even need to explain myself here.

But for the unenlightened:

-On Ariel Sharon's stroke: "He was dividing God's land and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations, or the United States of America. God says 'this land belongs to me. You better leave it alone.' "

-He has asked for the assassination of Hugo Chavez: "You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."


-On Intelligent Deisgn: "I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to G-d, you just rejected him from your city. And don't wonder why he hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted G-d out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for his help because he might not be there."


'nuf said.

Idiot.

In the mean time, I'll be saying a Misheberach for Ariel Sharon. May G-d be with him and his family during this difficult time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Between this and all the other smiting Pat's been doing on behalf of God lately, it makes me think that Sharon isn't the only one with an arterial flow problem.

Christy said...

I totally agree with you Shelli, Pat Robertson is in left field with a golf club and what is sad is that people actually tune into the 700 club. I can't count on my hands how many bumper stickers I've seen on peoples cars in my area, the symbol of a man and a woman=marriage with the 700 club below it. What I don't understand about people that take the bible so seriously and word for word, is how come they only chose to take certain parts literally? What about the verses that state very odd things such as those that wear clothing woven of two fabrics are sinners, and children that curse at their parents are doomed to hell, guess we're all going then, it's odd...I could go on and on....

laura said...

pat robertson should be watching his back and hoping god doesn't strike him down for being such an ass.