Monday, August 15, 2005

what I've learned

I only learned this week, after three years of ttc, how much my friends really DO care. I had stopped telling them about every failed IUI, about every adoption call that fell through, but with this most recent one (we should have been bringing our daughter home today...) - they all came through for me - Why?

Because I asked them to - I sent an e-mail saying that I didn't need to be cheered up, that I just needed them to be there. And they were.

Shocked the shit out of me, to be honest.

I want to simply share that if you ask for what you need, you just might get it...

Thank you.

3 comments:

Display said...

It took a lot for me to ask for help when I needed it, but I'm so glad that I did. We're all cheering for you, Shelli. Take care of yourself.

cat said...

(((hugs))) You are surrounded by love.

Heather said...

Glad to hear it. I think with all our infertility and adoption woes, people don't know how to react. They don't know if we want to be left alone or want to be smothered with love. I think voicing our needs is what helps our friends and families. They just love us, but don't know what the best thing to do is.

I'm still so sorry the last adoption didn't work out. Lots of cyberhugs from here.