Thursday, August 04, 2005

half a dozen...

OK, so the Birthmother picked another family.

Allow 30 seconds of sadness to wash over you, as it did us.

OK.

Ready?


The Nicole, our FABOO Social Worker tell us about the next "situation" - it's working with another agency, as their agency didn't have enough "culture" - (read "black people") for this one BM. So our agency fed exes over some profiles, and the BM, HER sister AND her mother ALL pick us.

Exclusively.


Holy crap.

Baby girl due on August 28th.

BM is 16, an honor student, and NO drug, alcohol or cigarette use. She DID have prenatal care. SHe is African American, and so is the BF.


We have told our SW 100 % YES.

Next step - WE MEET THE BIRTH MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BM wants to parent, but realizes that she cannot. The BF is not a legal risk, and the ONLY risk is her own desire to parent, but she does not want to drop out of school, nor does she want to go to a home for PG teens, she wants to remain at home. Her entire family is on board for US.

WOW

I might have to fly back early from LA - but that's A-OK by me.

Thank you oh wonderful internet, I'll keep you posted of course.

Love,
me.

8 comments:

cat said...

Holy Crap indeed! I'm smiling and and crying at the same time. That's the best damn news all week. Have a fab time in LA and I'll be stalking your blog for updates.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Elowyn said...

Wahoo!!!!! FXFXFXFX She sounds like a great b-mom, and b-dad, and the whole maternal family.

I'll be stalking you... :D (And heck, if she's born on the 31st, she'll be born on my b-day, so that's extra good juju. Ahem. ;p)

Lots of luck you two - you deserve it!

Betty said...

Wow that is great news, can't wait for the updates. Wooohoooo!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, keep us informed, i am going to beon pins and needles waiting!
Good thoughts, love and prayers to you both!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Yay! Much love to both of you -- make that all of you. Yay!

Alex (FF)

Heather said...

Wow! Great news. Keep us posted. I'm so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! All fingers crossed here for you both... and waiting for updates soon.

martha (inbedwithamosquito.net)

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so excited and will keep my fingers crossed that you will have the little baby in your arms very soon, for good and forever.