Thursday, May 05, 2005

holy shit!

ok um..... the adoption agency called. A Birth mother has chosen us and another couple.



GULP


The baby was born on April 12th, and is bi-racial - East Indian Trinidadian (birth mom) and a Pale Dominican Republic Latino (birth dad). The baby scored a 9 out of 9 on the apgar, and is small, but healthy. Narda and I are going to talk it over on the weekend.

The birth mother chose us and one other couple. If Narda and I say yes, then the birth mom will look at our photo albums, and chose one couple.

It's SCARY and EXCITING to think HOLY CRAP - this could happen in a moment.

I was surprized to realize that I'd have a reaction to the baby's race. I want to be certain that it looks a little black, you know, to honor Narda. How weird am I - it's probably GEORGEOUS, and I should be smacked right now.

I'll keep you posted, just send good vibes our way....

3 comments:

cat said...

Congrats, good luck, hope this all goes exactly as you wish it. It's really great news. :)

Toad734 said...

Im adopting a new dog this weekend...

erinberry said...

Crossing my fingers for you!!!